What are title tags and why should you care?
Title tags are part of the code that makes up each individual page on your site and they are very important when it comes to search engine optimisation. You have no doubt seen these title tags in action on a daily basis and haven’t been aware of it. The title tag for a page is the same text that appears as a clickable blue link when presented to users in google search results. You can see title tags here “Led Zeppelin – rock and roll lyrics | Song meanings’ is a title tag for a specific page on a specific site. “Rock and Roll – Song meanings’ is the title tag for another page on a similar yet different website . Eric Hutchinson – Rock N Roll Lyrics | Song meanings’ is the title tag for the third page and so on. As you can see the title tag is immensely important for 2 reasons.
1) This title tag, when used appropriately is a key factor in ranking well in google and other search engines. I advise that you weave your main keywords for a page into these title tags.
2) The title is the first glimpse of your content that a search user will see. Giving your pages a concise, compelling and informative title will entice more users to click on your link.
Latest posts by Darren Doyle (see all)
- Bite #40 What is a Meta description tag and why should I care? - December 7, 2017
- Bite #39 What are title tags and why should you care? - December 7, 2017
- Bite #38 Optimise each webpage for search - December 7, 2017