Video content marketing and Your Business.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a video worth ? Video content marketing is a steadily growing marketing technique. As a business, you want customers to know the value of your products and services. Your ultimate goal is to convert marketing efforts into sales. Small businesses are increasingly using video as part of their content marketing. They recognise the fact customers are 10 times more likely to engage with, comment on, share, or embed video content.
In a previous post, entitled ‘Video Marketing’, I covered the reasons why video is more effective than pure text or graphics.
So, here is a quick recap:
Why Video Marketing Works
- Studies show that we have an attention span of about 30 seconds.
- Combining video and still images add a dynamic approach to your marketing campaign
- You can add a personal message – testimonials or recommendations are great for customer attraction
- A little humor allows your businesses personality to shine through.
- Giving your videos a call to action makes it clear what you want your viewer to do after watching the video.
- Include your contact and location details for customers to follow up.
- Videos have a high shareability factor and can ‘go viral’.
You Only Need 30 Seconds!
With video content marketing you don’t have to make a documentary to capture your customer’s attention or to inform them about your products and services. There’s no set in stone length for video. It very much depends on the reason for the video, what you’re saying, and the channel you wish to use. For example, Facebook viewers tend to watch shorter videos than those on YouTube. There are some recommendations and guidelines for your video making which I will cover in a later post.
Videos Are Not Just for Advertising
Video content marketing is extremely versatile. You can integrate videos into company presentations and your various online communications. Video content boosts discussions and will get customers talking.
Use video as a tool for:
- Building communications
- Increasing brand awareness
- Showing a more human side to your company
- Creating open and personal dialogue with your customers
Professional video production requires equipment, experience, time, and professional editing software. You are guaranteed, high-quality video content and you don’t have to do anything. Otherwise, opt to use your smart phone to record your video. There are free video editors for either your Mac or PC along with some free apps you can download to your phone to edit your videos.